About FORTUNA Tokyo
Preserving The Traditional Japanese Culture
FORTUNA Tokyo is a Japanese luxury brand, born from Kyoto, Nishijin textiles, with a mission to ensure the preservation of traditional Japanese craftsmanship techniques.
Based on the concept “Traditional Modern-Classic”, a fusion of current trends and Japanese tradition was made possible.
For the majority, our products are men’s wear orientated. We produce items such as woven neckties to folding fans, Polo shirts, as well as traditional long-sleeve shirts, all at the highest quality standard.
A number of celebrities have also been seen wearing our products throughout Dramas and Television programs.
In 2015, with the aid of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s “Cool Japan” program, we held a fashion show during Hong Kong’s Fashion Week, which show-cased our 2016SS collection.
We also collaborated with the movie “Itazura na Kiss (Mischievous Kiss)” where the main cast walked the runway, which in itself became an instant spotlight of media attention. Some of the outfits featured in the collection, have also appeared in the movie which was released in Fall 2016 and Winter 2017.
Since we have had a lot of inquiries regarding the dresses that the actresses wore, we show-cased an entirely new collection of tweed jackets and dresses that collaborated with the same movie at the Kobe Collection 2016 AW, and began producing women’s products as from 2016AW.
In addition, we began handling the finest Italian and British fabrics from 2016SS, producing entirely custom-made tailored business suits.
We participated in the renowned Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo held in October 2017, and show-cased our 2018SS Collection, “SAMURAI REPRISE”.
In collaboration with Gallery SHINSEIDO, we were able to exhibit the painting “Waterfall” on the runway created by the famous Japanese Painter, Hiroshi Senju. Because of this, we were able to bring to life a fashion show that fused the artistic talents of Hiroshi Senju and our brand’s concept. Spectators were of a global community, spawning a large number of positive articles being published in local and overseas media.
FORTUNA Tokyo started selling in ISETAN Singapore in August 2018, and also started selling at the store ” 13 Crosby” in Soho Manhattan, New York in July 2019. In September 2019, a runway show was held at New York Fashion Week and the 2020SS collection was announced. The runway show situation was broadcasted on fashion tsushin, and the first look Samurai armor made in Nishijin woven were praised and featured in numerous media such as domestic and foreign television, newspapers and magazines.
FORTUNA Tokyo Office
Beat Communication Co., Ltd
AXIA Aoyama 906, 8-5-28, Akasaka, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
Established : January 6, 2004
Capital stock: 34,000,000 yen
CEO： Ryo Murai
Akiko Koba : Creative Director & Designer
Fascinated by the beauty of Nishijin Kyoto woven silk, Akiko Koba, launched the luxury brand FORTUNA Tokyo. Neckties as well as folding fans are meticulously crafted utilizing Nishijin Kyoto woven silk, bestowing the products with an unprecedented level of luxury, inherent with the historically rich textile’s unparalleled craftsmanship.
Combining Akiko Koba’s graphic design background, a mixture of contemporary graphic design, infused with traditional Japanese kimono techniques, gave birth to a new genre of style.
As of present, Akiko Koba is now in the process of crafting new and unique designs for both men and women, under the brand’s well established style and manufacturing techniques.
Akiko Koba’s ultimate vision is to introduce us to a new world of luxury fashion, incorporating both traditional Japanese textiles and craftsmanship both at the highest possible level.
- July 2011- FORTUNA Tokyo brand was released and started selling Kyoto Nishijin silk neckties.
- October 2014 – Polo shirts and Kyoto Nishikin silk folding fans announced as new products for 2015SS. Confirmed to deal in Men’s Fashion with Amazon Japan.
- May 2015 – Pop-up store opened at Mitsukoshi Isetan Nihonbashi main store.
- January 2016 – Selected as a Cool Japan Project by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry for Hong Kong Fashion Week.
- Exhibit at 2016 FW and perform a runway show. The same year we also started custom-made business suits.
- September 2016 – Collaboration with the movie “Itazura Kiss THE MOVIE” and appeared in the Kobe Collection 2016 AW.
- January 2017 – Popup store opened at Muromachi Credo (Nihonbashi).
Began dealing with Bangkok ISETAN (Thailand).
- October 2017 – Participated in Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo 2018SS (Tokyo Collection) in collaboration with Japanese painter Hiroshi Senju’s waterfall and held a runway show.
- April 2018 – FORTUNA Tokyo’s Kyoto Nishijin silk iPhone case (compatible with 6, 7, 8) was chosen to be exhibited and sold at Paris showroom “Maison wa” for the project of Cool Japan products – Challenge Local Cool Japan in Paris.
- Featured as a designer profile on British Vogue in 2018 April, May and June issues.
- Signed a contract with the showroom “Ivan Bitton Style House” which is managed by one of the top stylists’ of LA “Ivan Bitton”, and began renting our collections for celebrities.
- June 2018 – With the support from JETRO, it has been confirmed that FORTUNA Tokyo will be exhibiting at TRANOI Paris Men’s June 2018. FORTUNA Tokyo released 2019SS Collection.
- August 2018 – Started to sell in Men’s Fashion with ISETAN Singapore Scotts.
- Jan 2019 – With the support from JETRO, it has been confirmed that FORTUNA Tokyo will be exhibiting at LIBERTY FAIRS NEW YORK Jan 2019, FORTUNA Tokyo released 2019AW Collection.
- July 2019 – Started sales at the store “13 Crosby” in Soho Manhattan, New York.
- September 2019 – The runway show at New York Fashion Week and 2020 SS collection announced. It was taken up by many medias such as TV broadcasts in “fashion tsushin”.